Saturday, May 10, 2008

mod cloth


This afternoon I stumbled upon this: www.modcloth.com. Once you get past the somewhat annoyingly cute front page, there are lots of little treasures. (I wish I could find their location so I could see if shippings would be totally implausible, but at this stage of my life I should just never spend money anyways.) I approve of their vinyl/typewriter jewelry, their oxford pumps, and their dresses; not so much of their t-shirts. Anyways, here are some pretties I was specially impressed with:
Sail Away Dress.
I love corset-style tops; they're terribly flattering, but they're only corset-style so they can be sweet and pretty instead of vampy. Also, the sheer bottom of this dress lends itself to fun times with vintage slips.
Fairy Tale dress. You can see the fabric, but it is tres awesome. If you visit the site, look at the close-up. It is kind of bleedy; it looks way clearer in this picture. I'm pretty sure this dress wouldn't flatter me, though.


Lace-up Dickensy shoes always meet with approval.

This is the crowning glory-- vintage style bathing suit, sweetheart neckline, squared-off bottom, full-piece without being mumsy... lovely vintage flapperness. I may have to get one for myself. All not-spending-money resolutions aside.

3 comments:

Tala Azar said...

oh. i want that bathing suit.
can we be suit twins?
and my friend at school wears those lace-ups every day. almost.

(i know i need to write soon. i will try.)

Hannah Strauss said...

what a lovely bathing suit.

Liza Cain said...

love the dresses. not fair.