Friday, May 23, 2008


Friday, May.

The thing I like about this outfit is the black dress. It is really a sort of, I don't know what you'd call it, it's like an over coat but it's a light material, and you can wear it in a million different ways. I like it because I got it in one of those Indian-imports stores that smell like incense and have jewellry, golden Buddha statues, carved wooden mirrors, etc., in some obscure town with a good second hand bookstore, when I was 11 or 12. I have worn it consistently for about 4 years and I still find new ways to wear it and it's still in perfect condition. I wore four variations on this outfit this week, it made dressing very easy in the morning, and I felt like I went to private school every day. Especially when I added a neck tie.


4 comments:

Liza Cain said...

do you WANT to go to a private school or simply want to have your fashion dictated to you?
Sorry. I like the lighting, and what kind of belt is that? One only you can pull off, obviously. I'm curious. I like India Imports stores, in fact, they didn't have any pure henna powder to your recollection, did they?

Hannah Strauss said...

oh posh. i just enjoy taking on foreign personalities every now and then--or their fashion at least. it's a cool stretchy belt, it is rather strange.
they probably had henna.. but "pure henna powder"? not sure.

Liza Cain said...

yes. just... henna. but if you can't remember location, would you remember inventory.. hm..

Hannah Strauss said...

it probably did. but yeah, it was some far away little town.